Sunday, October 4, 2009

This is my new blog

It has been about 10 months since I've posted an entry to my old blog, so I've decided to start anew. And, we're off......

Here I am in Santa Barbara - I arrived Tuesday after missing the first few days of school in order to play for the first Rogue Valley Symphony Orchestra concerts of the season in Southern Oregon. The RVSO has an exciting year ahead of them as they are searching for a new conductor. I enjoyed the first candidate, Chelsea Tipton II, quite a lot. He is assistant conductor in Toledo and recently accepted a job in Beaumont, TX as well, which would make RVSO his third gig. He also happens to be an Eastman graduate - my favorite kind :) There will be four more candidates and I plan to travel up and play whenever it works with my schedule.

The guest soloist for this concert, Roberto Plano, was also a joy to have. He is a fine pianist with a sweet personality. Cute, too :) I hope to hear him again in the future, perhaps when I don't have to listen from within the orchestra.

More later, and welcome back to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment